Saturday, June 02, 2012

Waveriding in Santa Cruz - Kitesurf Session 89

The last session of my vacations in Portugal was also the best! Even if Santa Cruz, some 70km north of Lisbon, is an ideal spot for kitesurfing (nice waves, regular winds and endless beaches with enough space to set up your kite and launch without bothering the "beach bums"), the sport is still somewhat of a rarity around there...

(panoramic view - click to enlarge)


For me and my brother, it's just perfection, 5km away from my parents house! And, for once, all conditions where reunited: sunny day, 15 to 24 knots side-shore winds all day long, 1.5 to a little over 2m waves and nobody else on the water.




I never had so much fun on the waves and this was definitely one of the best (if not the best) session of the season so far! Made me think of my "wave loving" friends back in France, with whom I would have loved to share this session... And it made me think that I really need to buy a surf board!


0 comments: