Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Sweden - Kitesurf Session 64

Contrary to the previous day, the wind was blowing hard when I woke up... But it was too hard for my 9m kite so, biting my fingers, I decided to go take some photos of the Habo Ljung locals while I waited for the wind to go down a notch (I really, really need to buy that 6m kite).





After a painful but no very long wait, I was finally able to go out and try one of the best flat water spots I have ever come across! Perfect conditions for a perfect last day in Sweden, before driving down to Denmark, even with the sky a little bit greyer.




The wood pier offers a great viewpoint for photographs or generally just enjoying the moves! With the skies slowly cleaning up again, I started to do some nearby passages, just for the camera's delight...





Habo Ljung is really a kiter's paradise: knee to waist deep clean waters as far as the eye can see; a spot that works in the entire range of easterly winds; a beautiful scenery, with a good camping site nearby and a nice rigging space, covered in lush green grass (no sand packed with the gear, boys and girls!).







Even if you don't speak swedish, here's a nice website to look at: www.habolocals.se. A very cool crew of Habo Ljung resident riders that have the moves and the aesthetic sensibility to offer great videos!

2 comments:

Kitesurfing said...

Hey, Habo Ljung is my home spot! One of the best spots in Sweden! If it wasn't for the cold water and air temperature, this would be one of the best spots in the world imo!
Habo Ljung is very beginner friendly as well, shallow water and soft sand without a single stone! A perfect spot if you wanna take kitesurfing kurs as we say in swedish :)

RodaLarga said...

That's a great spot indeed! I will surely go back again in the future! The southwest of Sweden really has great potential for kitesurfing! ;)