Thursday, July 05, 2012

Up, across and down Almanarre - Kitesurf Sessions 91 and 92

What better way to start the week than with two great sessions? While everybody was back at work, on monday and tuesday, I went down to Almanarre, again squatting at Julien's house. I left Lyon at 7h30 on monday and 4 hours later I was at the spot...


I just had time to go say hello to my friend, grab a bite to eat and, at 12h30, I was ready to ride! The wind was already blowing strong, so I got my 9m Nomad and got on the water, for a session that would finish only at 21h30, with the moon already high in the sky.




Tired from the previous day (and from one too many "caipirinhas"...), I slept late on tuesday. The wind also woke up late, so nothing was lost! Conditions where a bit mellower, so we got on the water with Julien around 15h on our 12m kites, for a steady 3 hour ride before he had to get back to work. Me, I had a little break and then got back in, to ride again until sunset...



From 18h to 20h30, I took my GPS tracker with an idea in mind: a nice "promenade" on this beautiful spot to dedicate the resulting track to my friend Olive. You can click on the map to access the interactive track.

0 comments: